Okay my idea for these cupcakes started when I saw this recipe for Honey Buttercream Frosting from Cupcake project. I was totally intrigued with the idea of a honey frosting and I knew that some day I was going to have to try it out. So when I was brainstorming an idea for a Father’s Day post I remembered the recipe for honey frosting and I thought that a peanut butter cupcake would be the perfect cake for the sweet honey frosting.
I have had many a cupcake in my time, vanilla… chocolate… strawberry… lemon and lime the list can go on and on, yet I can truly say that I have never had a peanut butter cupcake before. And considering how much I love peanut butter that is saying something :P. So since I had never had a peanut butter cupcake I had to do a little web surfing for a recipe. I found the perfect one, at least for me, at Sweet and Savory Tooth, the recipe is easy to follow and the cupcakes have a rich peanut butter taste.
Now that you are in the know with this simple but tasty recipe for Honey Bear Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Honey Frosting, I named them Honey Bear after my favorite bear… the one and only Pooh, I suggest you go out there and dazzle your Dad, hubby or boyfriend this weekend and rack up some major brownie points!
Father’s Day Honey Bear Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Honey Frosting
A peanut butter lovers cupcake with a not to sweet tangy honey frosting.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, 325°F if using a convection oven.
- Line cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In stand mixer with paddle attachment add butter, peanut butter and brown sugar and cream together, on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium and add in the egg and vanilla, mix well until combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the flour mixing in thirds, alternating it with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix batter until it is just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are baking make the syrup.
- In a small sauce pan combine honey, water and cinnamon sticks and brink to a low boil. Reduce the heat and the syrup simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the cupcakes are done remove them from the oven and let them cool until they are warm to the touch.
- When they are slightly warm poke top of cupcakes with a toothpick and brush the syrup, with a pastry brush, onto the tops of each cupcake.
- Continue to let the cupcakes cool to room temperature and make the frosting.
- In stand mixer with paddle attachment cream the butter until it is light in color.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add in the powdered sugar, in 1/2 cup increments mixing well after each addition, then add in the sour cream and honey and mix until the frosting is well combined.
- Finally frost your cupcakes and enjoy!
(c) 2013 True Blue Baking. All Rights Reserved.
Well that’s it for this week. But before I go I want to wish all of you dads out there a great Father’s Day weekend and please drop back by after you try these delish Honey Bear Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Honey Frosting and let me know how you liked them.
Until next time everyone… Enjoy!
This recipe featured at Whats Cooking with Ruthie “Super Saturday Show & Tell”.