Before I start my post I would like to thank everyone who has sent well wishes my way for my baby girl Coco. She is doing fine, like it never happened at all, so everything is back to normal for her. I wish it was for my bank account… LOL!!
Well it has been a busy week for me, I hope it has not been to busy for you. I have been spending my last week before school starts working on tweekin the blog, see the new party links to the right of the page ***hint, hint***, co-hosting the GYB Networking link party and of course baking! So to celebrate my last week of freedom I decided to bake up my chocoholic lovers dream… 2+ Pound Fudgy Brownies.
What can I say but these brownies are to die for! I on a whole am not a big brownie fan, they normally taste to dry for me and have a real dull chocolate taste, but these brownies… OMG are really to die for! In fact when I get to heaven, hopefully, I know these brownies will be on the cafeteria menu. LOL!! I know you are probably thinking 2+ pounds means 2+ pounds added to my hips after I eat them, and I guess if you ate them all in one sitting there would be, but it really means there are 2+ pounds of chocolate in them.
You know when I think about it these brownies are almost a chocolate custard held together by a little bit of flour. Well that in its self does not matter. What does matter is the taste of them and let me tell you after you taste these brownies there will be no going back to the brownies out of a box for you, at least there was not for me. So invest in some good chocolate and when you get that hankerin for a chocolate fix remember…
2+ Pound Fudgy Brownies will never let you down!
A fudgy brownie with more then 2+ pounds of chocolate, a chocoholics delight!
- 1 Lb. Unsalted butter
- 1 Lb. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Oz. Unsweetened chocolate chips
- 8 Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Instant coffee crystals
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1 C. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 12 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 Flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, 325°F if using a convection oven.
- Line a 13 x 18 raised lip jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium double boiler melt together the butter, 1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate chips and the unsweetened chocolate chips. Once melted set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, instant coffee crystals, vanilla and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly stir in the warm chocolate mixture and set batter aside to cool to room temperature.
- While the batter is cooling in a small mixing bowl combine 1/4 C. flour and 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, Toss chips until they are coated in flour and set aside.
- When the batter is cool add in 1 C. flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined, the batter will be thick, then add in the small bowl of chips and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Pour brownie batter into lined parchment jelly roll pan and smooth out batter until it is level.
- Carefully slide pan into the oven and bake the brownies for 30-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out basically clean. The toothpick might have some melted chocolate on it but it should not be covered in liquid batter, trust me you will be able to tell the difference.
- Remove baked brownies from the oven and slide them out of the jelly roll pan by pulling on the parchment paper. Cool brownies to room temperature before cutting into squares.
- Store brownies in a air tight container for 2-5 days.
(c) 2013 True Blue Baking. All Rights Reserved.
Now before I let you go I am going to ask that if you have a blog to please link up to GYB Networking link party that I am co-hosting this week, it is the post just under this one, and I am also going to ask that you please drop back by after you try these delish 2+ Pound Fudgy Brownies and let me know how you liked them, I love reading everyone’s comments.
Happy weekend and until next time everyone… Enjoy!
This recipe featured at Sweet Bella Roos “Pin It Thursday!”.
This recipe featured at Lil’ Mrs. Tori “Tell Me Tuesday!”.
This recipe featured at Kitchen Meets Girl “Wake Up Wednesdays”.
This recipe featured at Buns In My Oven “What’s Cookin’ Wednesday?”.
This recipe featured at Ivy And Elephants “What’s It Wednesday”.
This recipe featured at Crafty Scrappy Happy “DIY For Your Weekend!”.
This recipe featured at Mel’s Daisy Patch “Monday Funday”.
This recipe featured at Artsy-Fartsy Mama & Cox’s Corner “Artsy Corner Thursday”.
This recipe featured at Hungry Little Girl “Wednesday Extravaganza”.
This recipe featured at The Cottage Market “Junkin Joe Linky Party”.
This recipe featured at A Handful Of Everything “Great Idea Thursday’s”.
This recipe featured at Tip Junkie “28 Moist and Chewy Brownie Recipes”.
This recipe featured at Southern Fairytale “Mouthwatering Mondays”.
This recipe featured at Cookin’ For The Seven Dwarfs “Sweet & Savoury Sunday”.
This recipe featured at Life On Lakeshore Drive “A Bouquet Of Talent Sunday”.
This recipe featured at The Answer Is Chocolate “BFF Open House Link Party”.